The Best Summer Destinations to Learn Spanish
- July 19th, 2013
- Posted in Learning Spanish
Are you thinking about learning Spanish this summer? Read on to find more about the best summer destinations for you to go to…
Spain is a beautiful country with so many unique towns and cities to visit, but if you’re thinking of going during the summer, then the temperature is worth bearing in mind, as in inland Spain temperatures can soar to often unbearable heights. Coastal regions are more pleasant during the summer months, and of course you have the added bonus of going to the beach after you have finished your day in the classroom!
- Barcelona: Barcelona is a fantastic city with so much to offer. With its unique architecture, culture and prime position on the Mediterranean shore, you will never be bored in Barcelona. Despite being the second largest city in Spain, Barcelona is a place where you will feel at home straight away.
- Valencia: A modern and open city yet full of history and traditions, Valencia is the ideal place to study Spanish. It boasts a perfect climate also due to its position on the Mediterranean coast, yet has plenty of other things to do in addition to its beach. Home to the Ciudad de las Artes y Ciencias, Europe’s largest leisure complex, you will find all sorts of cultural activities to enjoy; an opera house, botanical gardens and an enormous marine park are just a few things you will find. It is worth noting as well that Valencian paella is among the best in Spain!
- Marbella: This is the place to go if you’re after a bit of luxury. Marbella is the ultimate celebrity hang-out, and you too could be living the life of luxury if you choose to come and study in Marbella. This area boasts beautiful ports, popular beaches, and a wide range of restaurants and nightclubs, as well as some of the best golf courses in Europe. Situated on the Costa del Sol, you can enjoy the perfect weather while improving your Spanish at the same time… what more could you want?
If you fancy somewhere different to Spain, then learning Spanish in South America may be the best option for you. We have several schools located in South America, but here are the best ones for you this summer.
- Playa del Carmen: Located in Cancún, Mexico, just 40 minutes from the airport, Playa del Carmen can give you the perfect summer holiday where you will be able to learn Spanish at the same time. You will find yourself in paradise with its white sand beaches and clear turquoise waters… a perfect place to relax after class. As one of Mexico’s hot-spots, you will also be able to enjoy the shops, cafes and bars that this area has to offer. The local people are so friendly and welcoming, you will feel like you fit in straight away; we can guarantee that you won’t want to leave!
- Flamingo Beach: Located in the dreamy Costa Rica, Flamingo Beach is a small town which has a lot to offer. Spend your time snorkeling, scuba-diving, or exploring the national parks, this is the ideal place for a relaxing vacation while perfecting your Spanish at the same time.
- Santo Domingo: In the beautiful Dominican Republic, why not travel to Santo Domingo to learn Spanish this summer? It is the country’s capital, meaning you will never be short of things to do. It maintains all the charm of a historic city with the old town’s cobbled streets, yet also offers you the modern luxuries of restaurants and a lively nightlife. With so many landscapes to discover in this area of virtually untouched beauty, you can explore the mountains, jungles and of course relax on the idyllic beaches. Learning Spanish will be easy in a place like this; you can mix with the friendly locals and feel like you’re on vacation.